Scratch + MakeyMakey Workshop
Robotics, electronics and more, in this workshop your kids will get a fun, hands-on introduction to exciting new concepts and electronic components by creating crazy circuits combining Makey Makey circuit boards with everything from fruits and vegetables to Play-Doh and coins. Explore and learn all about Makey Makey, circuits, and physical computing and that’s not all, with the basics covered and enhanced design thinking a part of the learning curve, students can get the chance to create fascinating new inventions that can help others through design challenges. Through this hands-on workshop, you’ll be able to invent and think in the moment whenever faced with a design challenge as you and the students learn how to:
- Build simple and effective programs using the free Scratch coding platform from MIT.
- Learn the iterative design process through hands on making activities.
- Turn everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet with Makey Makey, an invention kit for the 21st century which is a simple kit for beginners and experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between.
Activities planned for the event
- Explore Makey Makey and its possibilities.
- Imagine and build creative circuits.
- Build simple and effective programs using the free Scratch coding program from MIT that will support a Makey Makey design challenge.
- Build and create projects to learn the iterative design process through a hands-on making (and unmaking) session.
Students will require to have a Makey Makey kit and a Scratch account.
(Makey Makey is also available for rent)