Phonics and Independent Reader Program
Phonics plays an imperative role in shaping and forming the structural foundation of language in children. Through Phonics and Independent Reader Program, children will learn the sounds and pronunciation of each letter of the English alphabet through rhymes and stories, which will enable them to form simple words. Children will also learn how to steer their way through the alphabets and strengthen their linguistic abilities through fun and interactive activities in an engaging manner. The phonics program, curated by international language experts with decades of experience in early school education.
Your child will learn
There are 42 letter sounds which are the phonic building blocks that helps children decode the English language and become independent readers. Children will learn the following skills to become master readers:
- Learning the letter sounds: Children are taught 42 letter sounds using a multisensory approach. Each letter sound is introduced with fun actions, stories, and songs. Children can start reading after the first group of letters have been taught.
- Learning letter formations: This is taught alongside the introduction of each letter sound. Children will learn how to form and write letters during the course of the lesson.
- Blending: Once the initial letter sounds are learned, children will blend the sounds together to help them read and write new words.
- Segmenting: With the help of segmenting and blending, children become familiar with assembling and breaking down the sounds within the words.
These 4 skills are the foundation for developing your kids as “independent readers”. Along with that, there will be regular assessments after every 7th session during the program to gauge the level of each child. The assessment report will be shared with parents on a regular basis.
Key Learnings and Skills
- Speak the correct sound of each letter
- Recognise & write each letter
- Read and write three, four-letter new words
How to prepare
- Parents to be present for kids’ assistance.
- This class experience is best using a laptop or desktop connected to Wifi.