Coding with Scratch Jr by The Little Thinkers Lab
The Little Thinkers Lab presents Scratch Junior Coding, an online workshop that introduces powerful ideas from engineering and computer science in early childhood education. “Powerful Ideas” refers to concepts that children will learn through a curriculum which is designed to serve them beyond the lifetime of a specific classroom technology. In this case, the curriculum revolves around the Scratch Junior application and will include both activities and lessons that will be used to illustrate these ideas. Using the Scratch Junior application, children can create their own interactive collages, animated stories, and games.
Participants will be provided a certificate on completion of the program.
Activities planned for the event
Module 1 – Interactive Collage Lessons
- Instructions, Sequencing, and an introduction to the ScratchJr Application
- Same Block Sequencing and Motion
- Start on Green Flag Block, End Block, and Choosing Characters
- Backgrounds and Review of Programming Multiple Characters
Module 2 – Interactive Story Lessons
- Numbers and Repeating Sequences
- Speech Bubbles, Sounds, Pages, Wait for
- Start on Bump, Start on Tap, Send and Receive Messages, Stop
Module 3 – Game
- Learn to build your own Games with Scratch Jr.