About The Atelier
The Atelier’s vision is to support children in making small discoveries about the world they live in. They believe in keeping the innate sense of curiosity and wonder alive throughout the childhood years. Largely inspired by The Reggio Emilia approach, the school has adapted to the needs of the educational environment in India.
The faculty and founders believe that children learn in various ways and communicate through a multitude of languages and their effort is to help them connect the dots.
- Curriculum Details
They follow an Emergent Curriculum which is designed and planned around children’s interests. The objective of the emergent curriculum is to empower children build their own course of learning and develop a culture of learning through research.
The Atelier is a space where:
- Children ask questions and untie difficult knots,
- Children express and represent their understanding freely in a hundred different languages,
- Children build self esteem, respect and confidence,
- Children preserve their love, courage and empathy,
- Children develop a sense of research and inquiry.
- Admission Details
- The term begins in the month of August
- Admission forms are available at the school office and online as well.
- Once the school receives the online application , they will get in touch with parents and agree on a mutually suitable date and time for a personal interaction. These interactions are focused around the school getting to know parents as a family, introducing the environment to children and exchanging ideas about respective education philosophies.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Timing Pre-toddler 1.8 yrs 8:15 am to 11:45 am Toddler 1.8 yrs 8:15 am to 11:45 am Pre-K 2.5 yrs + 8:15 am to 1:15 pm K1 3.5 yrs+ 8:15 am to 1:15 pm K2 4.5 yrs + 8:15 am to 1:15 pm
The Atelier has an environment that respects children, offers them rich textures to explore, provides them with physical challenges and displays their potential. We believe that the environment plays a significant role in how children learn.
Our physical space covers an area of 20,000 sqft. which includes:
- A large central piazza for meets and greets or to just run around in circles
- An atelier (studio) within The Atelier which offers endless possibilities in materials, textures, experinces and languages
- Dedicated rooms for each age group with mezzanine level lofts. Each room also has access to their own nature backyards.
- Each of these rooms are mini ateleirs (studios) in themselves
- A water exploratory area – where we jump and hop in puddles, squeal with delight, play with ramps, containers, jugs and jars and never ever want to leave
- A soil and sand space – we feel and wonder, spill and pour, at the textural goodness earth offers us with
- Our very own vegetable and herbs garden
- An outdoor play area with obstacle courses, tunnels, slides and swings and everything we would need to challenge our motor skills
- Safety Features
Providing a safe and secure environment with appropriate and up to date safety measures is a priority for The Atelier. Apart from the below facilities, they also ensure that they have frequent conversations with children on the various aspects of personal safety awareness.
- The entire campus has CCTV installations
- There are round the clock security guards on campus
- Escort cards are provided to all parents. A sign off for pick up from campus is given only on producing the attested escort card.
- Vigilant supervision by the adults around
- A child friendly environment
- After School Facilities
The school have extended hours support upto 3.30 pm.