Kunskapsskolan is a Swedish word that means “The Knowledge School” in English – a school where knowledge and learning is foremost. Its a fast emerging good school in Bangalore owing to its educational philosophy and KED program. ‘Kunskapsskolan Bangalore’ is a part of the chain of international schools in India established by Kunskapsskolan Eduventures where admissions are open for grades pre-nursery to class VIII. The school has rapidly earned a reputation for quality in education with personalised learning at its core, it also offers the distinction of being a global school as it shows international mindedness and yet retains the essence of the Indian values and is keyed in to the inherent benefits of the Indian Education system.
- Board of Education
- CBSE/IGCSE Board
- Curriculum Details
Kunskapsskolan Bengaluru combines academic rigour with personal development of students throughout the unique Kunskapsskolan Educational Program (KED). While focused on developing skills, due importance is given to inculcating values in students. Goal-setting, taking responsibility, time management, planning and respect are some of their core values. The process of inculcating these values in an extensive and structured one, spanning the child’s entire school life.
The KED program at Kunskapsskolan is integrated with the CBSE/IGCSE curriculum. At Kunskapsskolan Bengaluru, the students will also have an option of IGCSE from Grade 9 onwards.
- Admission Details
- Admissions open from Pre-Nursery to Grade 9
- Term starts in the month of June of that academic year.
- Cut-off age: Pre-Nursery: Child must be 2 yrs 10 months as on 31st May 2018 for the academic year.
- There is no interviewing or screening of children and parents
- The admission process starts with submission of the enquiry forms available online as well at the school office.
- There will an interaction process. Parents and child meet the Head of school to discuss expectations from both parents and school.
- Applicants will be informed directly regarding the dates for the interaction by the school administration.
- In order to visit the school, parents need to call the admission office and fix an appointment. On arrival at the school site they will be taken around the school by the school representative.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Timing Pre-nursery 2 years 6 months 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Nursery 3 years 6 months 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Kindergarten 4 years 6 months 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Grade 1 5 years 6 months 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The school premises will be modern and innovative in design. They give an open, inviting and spacious impression, characterized by bright colors, aesthetic yet functional light and frequent glass walls.
- The IMADEATION Lab: Students Skill learning lab
- KED Sports Academy: Specialised coaching in a range of sports including Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, Outdoor Gym, Basket Ball Court, BadmintonTable Tennis, Gymnastics and Yoga
- Art, music and dance
- Computer Lab
- Life Skill Lab
- SPORTS FACILITIES
- Indoor Sports
- ✓ Gymnasium✓ Table Tennis✓ Yoga
- Outdoor Sports & Facilities
- ✓ Badminton✓ Basketball Court✓ Cricket Field✓ Football Field✓ Playground✓ Sand Pit✓ Tennis
- Safety Features
- CCTV cameras are installed in all relevant locations
- There are adequate security staff and adults present in school to ensure school safety.
- The use of ID cards, visiting cards and limiting the access to non school members will also support the schools effort to ensure a safe environment.
- Snack options
- The school has a cafeteria and healthy hygenic food is provided to the students.
- School Van
- Transport facility will be provided by the school.
- Transport routes covered – Sarjapur Road , Bellandur, Marathahalli, Outer Ring Road, Kadugodi, Whitefield, KR Puram, HAL, Kempapura, HSR Layout, Koramangala, Electronic City
- After School Facilities
- Extended day care facility upto 4:00 pm available at an extra cost of Rs.2500/- per quarter which includes snacks, art and craft activities.