A pasta dough recipe so simple that a child of 5 could make it. Really! Watch the video.
Eggless pasta dough? Is it as easy as it sounds? Yes and it’s even easier to turn it into a healthy recipe!
Ask any child what they love to eat, and pasta is always on the list. It is what all parents rely on at buffet spreads, play dates, and bad days. And that need not be a bad thing.
Blending beetroots and carrots into the sauce, grating carrots too fine to be spat out, and adding just enough cheese to cover all the other vegetables we add in.
And now eggless pasta gets even better. With fresh pasta (from suji), made from scratch. What about the ‘icing’ on the pasta? Your child can make it yourself.
Here’s proof. Demonstrated by a 5 year old who learnt it at Kidchen.
Preparation steps for eggless pasta
- Measure out the flour, semolina and salt into a large mixing bowl and then give a quick stir with your hand to combine it together.
- Create a well in the middle using your fingers.
- Pour in the olive oil and water.
- Mix it. Mix it. Mix it.
- Pull back the dough, push away using the palm of your hand, and keep kneading.
- Work the dough for up to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. It should bounce back at the gentle press of a finger.
- Wrap in some cling-film and place in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Once rested, roll the dough out thinner than you would a roti.
- Cut out the shapes you desire, and cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Your homemade pasta is ready.
Making your own pasta is now so simple and so easy that you’ll never go back to the packaged version ever again. Inspired by the video? Get your kids to make their own pasta and share a picture or video with us at BuzzingBubs.