About Bangalore Golf Club
The Bangalore Golf Club Junior Development Program in association with Tarun Sardesai Golf
The program offers a unique program to introduce your child to the wonderful sport of golf. The mission of the program being to introduce young golfers to the game and ensure that they enjoy the learning process. To help them understand that physical literacy is the first step to having an active and healthy lifestyle. To create a love for the sport, future champions, and most of all great ambassadors for the game. The philosophy being that kids who have fun playing a sport are more likely to stay active and healthy for their entire lifetime. They also have a better chance of becoming top athletes. Therefore our junior development program will aim to create an atmosphere of learning through fun based activities.
The Junior Development Program at BGC is led by Tarun Sardesai who is a Coach, mentor and former golf professional
NGAI Class A certified teaching professional, TPI Level 1 Golf Fitness Instructor, TPI Level 2 Junior Golf Instructor
Harold Swash Accredited Level 1 Putting Instructor Aim Point Level 1 Certified Instructor.
He is assisted by NGAI Certified coaches.
Classes offered at Bangalore Golf Club
- Sports Coaching
- ✓ Floor Exercise✓ Golf✓ Nutrition Guidance✓ Physical Fitness
- Age group
- 6 yrs to 11 yrs 12 yrs to 17 yrs
- What kids learn
- Age Group 6 – 11: All Levels (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Elite)
The first 45 to 60 minutes will be spent working on the child’s physical literacy which involves the process of building them into athletes. We believe that to create a golfer of international standards we have to build them into athletes first. There has been a lot of research done on long-term athletic development (LTAD) and it has been proven that to ensure success a child has to go through various stages of LTAD in order to become physically literate.
Each session will begin with a focus on:
- The technique and importance of a sound dynamic warm-up routine
- Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) – such as running, jumping, falling etc
- Fundamental Sports Skills (FSS) – such as tennis ground strokes throwing, catching etc.
- Drills for agility, balance, coordination and speed
- Stability and core training
This age group in all levels (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Elite)
The first 45 minutes here will be a mix of athletic development and some advanced golf specific fitness routines. From a good dynamic warm up all the way to building a strong core, the players will be taken through a series of exercises by the trainer. At this juncture we hope that the player will take this forward and enroll into some more sport specific training programs.
- Class size
- Maximum of 10 kids
- Student teacher ratio
- Batch timings
Batch 1: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Batch 2: 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Tuesday to Sunday
- 1.5 hours
- Golf equipment and balls will be provided
- Club Members: Rs. 4000/- per month Non-Member: Rs. 6,000/- per month Annual registration fee: Rs. 1,000/-
Delivery & Payment
- Payment modes
- ✓ Cards✓ Cash✓ Cheque✓ Netbanking