About Attakkalari Centre For Movement Arts
Attakkalari Centre For Movement Arts is a registered, public charitable trust formed by artists from different disciplines, established in 1992. Creating contexts for contemporary movement arts, Attakkalari has facilitated the development of an enhanced and extensive program that includes national and international platforms for exchange and performance. It has also furthered strategic movement and digital arts development; research and documentation; new performance works by the Attakkalari repertory; a Diploma in Movement Arts and Mixed Media and Education and Outreach programs.
Attakkalari conducts regular classes in contemporary dance, classical dance, and Kalarippayattu for all age groups. All the instructors are well-trained in Attakkalari’s unique movement language and techniques. Attakkalari’s mission is to spread the reach of contemporary performance arts and to help young people release a viable career in dance.
Classes offered at Attakkalari Centre For Movement Arts
- Dance Classes
- ✓ Contemporary✓ Bharathnatyam✓ Kalaripayuttu
- Age group
- 5 yrs+
- What kids learn
- At Attakkalari, each class is carefully structured. It begins with a welcoming activity and warm up to prepare the students. The warm-up focuses on the essence of the dance style, and the faculty works on the flexibility, strength and performance aspects accordingly. The teachers then focus on a choreography, combination or activity before culminating the class in a cool-down and reflective session. In these sessions, the students learn about movement and technique of the style they are exploring, they engage in peer-interaction and peer-learning and develop a relationship with themselves by expressing and exploring through movement and dance, as well.
- Class size
- 10 to 15 kids
- Student teacher ratio
- Batch timings
- Contemporary Dance Classes by Paridhi | Monday & Thursday | 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm
- Kalaripayattu Classes by Hari | Saturday & Sunday | 10:30 am to 11:30 am
- Bharatnatyam Dance Classes by Annapurna | Tuesday & Wednesday | 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm
- 1 hour
- How to register
- One can register through contacting the phone numbers provided