Pumpkin cupcakes? Say what? Not many of us adore this vegetable but the story changes when a dash of pumpkin puree is added to the cupcake batter! A best way to feed the kids nutritious yellow pumpkins! They will definitely come back for more!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 muffin pan with cupcake wrappers.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat well using a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one by one. Beat further.
- Add the pumpkin puree. Beat for 2-3 minutes. Finally add the vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold well.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Allow the pumpkin cupcakes to cook on a wire rack.
- Smear the prepared frosting over the cupcakes using an offset spatula.
- To finish off, sprinkle pumpkin seeds.
This post was originally published on Doughmydear