A great, fun project you can indulge in with your kids. The wait might be long but the result is fantastic! You can change the flavours according to the season. Interchange the fruits according to your preference but stick to the same method.
Preparation steps for Watermelon Ice Pops
For the watermelon layer
- Blend watermelon cubes, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Pour a little less than half way up, into the cups.
- Freeze until the mixture becomes slushy and not solid (2-3 hours).
- Remove from freezer and add chocolate chips into each cup.
- Using a toothpick, press the chips into the watermelon slush so that they are evenly distributed.
- Freeze them for 30 minutes more. Remove them and place the lollipop sticks in the center of every cup.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
For the lemon layer
- Combine juice, sugar and cold water. Mix till the sugar dissolves.
- Take the cups out, pour a thin layer (1/2 inch) of lemon juice over the watermelon layer of every cup.
- Freeze for another 3-4 hours.
For the kiwi layer
- Mash the peel the kiwi and mash it with a fork.
- Add cold water and sugar. Mix well.
- When the lemon layer is set for 3-4 hours, pour kiwi layer evenly over the lemon layer.
- Set for another 4 hours.
- When ready, tear the paper cups to unmould.
Your ice pops are ready to be consumed.
This post was originally published on Doughmydear
Recipe courtesy: larecetadelafelicidad.com