How about some crispy Indianised savoury crackers to munch along with your child’s evening cup of milk? Try this healthy recipe instead of chips and fried snacks.
Bangalore feels like a hill station for the last few days, thanks to the rains around coastal and interior parts of Karnataka. Kids love those cozy, warm mugs of hot chocolate in this gloomy weather. Don’t those drinks need to be accompanied by some healthy snacks? Of course they do!
Masala savoury crackers are one such healthy quick fix in such tempting situations.
- Sift the flours together and add salt, sugar, sesame seeds, pepper powder, fennel seeds, baking soda and mix well.
- You can either fine chop the last of the three ingredients or just powder them together in your mixer on speed 1 (thats what I preferred).
- Add to the mix and use the required amount of curd to knead the dough until firm (like the texture for phulkas).
- Meanwhile pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F.
- Roll the dough as for phulkas with minimum thickness.
- Cut to desired shapes and prick them with a fork so as to prevent them from rising and bake for about 15-20 minutes at the same temperature of 180C or 350F.
- Do check for the browning of the sides which is an indicator to remove them from the oven.
Let your kids enjoy these savoury crackers, when cooled, with some hot cocoa.
This post originally appeared on Cooking in my lab