Look no further beyond your own pantry to make these wonderfully, healthy wheat crackers. The crème fraîche dip is a refreshing accompaniment.
Wheat Crackers – Preparation steps
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and ½ tsp salt. Combine the seeds and the remaining salt in another bowl.
- Add water, little by little to the flour mixture. Knead until you can gather the dough to a ball. If the dough is too sticky, add some flour, and if it is too hard, add some water.
- Make a ball out of the dough, wrap it in cling film and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After 30 minutes, unwrap the dough and place it on a floured work surface. Roll the dough out evenly to a large rectangle, as thin as possible.
- Roll it over the rolling pin and gently place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the rolled dough with the seeds. Using a pizza cutter, cut rectangles on the dough. It doesn’t matter if all the rectangles are not of the same size.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, till the crackers are golden brown and crisp.
9. For the dip, combine crème fraîche, salt and lemon juice in a bowl. Add the grated radish, chopped dill and capers.
10. Mix to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
This post was originally published on Doughmydear