Pink frosted cookies seem like the perfect way to light up a gloomy, rainy evening this season. Add some sprinkles and have a tasty bite!
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl using a hand mixer. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and beat further.
- Now, fold in the flour mixture in a two additions.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookies on the prepared baking sheet leaving 1 inch in between.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cookies are pale brown and they spring back to the touch.
- Let the cookies cool down on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream, beat butter until creamy. Add icing sugar a little at a time and beat for 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and food colouring and beat further.
- Hand frost the cookies with the buttercream using an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles generously.
Aren’t you waiting to sink your teeth into these deliciously pink frosted cookies right this minute?