You can’t go wrong with this classic English treat. The addition of Nutella makes it all the more better!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter a shallow baking dish. Set aside.
2. Take a slice of bread and spread a tablespoon of butter over it.
3. Take another slice and spread a tablespoon of nutella over it.
4. Sandwich the slices together.
5. Cut the bread into two equal triangles.
6. Repeat the same with the other slices. You should have ten triangles.
7. Arrange the sandwiches as shown above. Leave one pointy end on top and the other below.
For the custard
1. Blend the egg, egg yolks and sugar well.
2. Pour the cream and milk into the eggs.
3. Add the vanilla extract and blend well.
4. Pour the custard over the arranged bread.
5. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
6. Brush the pointy ends with more butter.
7. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the custard sets.
This post was originally published on Doughmydear