The plastic wrappings/ cartons we throw into our trash bins can be turned into little treasures. Engage in this DIY activity and teach your child the joy of recycling! This easy- to-do fridge magnet is bound to be a sure hit.
Today, we’ll be learning how to make a ladybird fridge magnet right at home. Yes, it’s that easy!
Step by step instructions:
1. Paint your kinder shells with red paint. Let them dry.
2. Then paint out the black spots on the Ladybird.
3. Cut out the pipe cleaners and shape them into legs & feelers of the ladybird.
4. Paste the pipe cleaners on to the bottom part of the shell using silicon/pva glue. Your child might require help with this part.
5. Stick the google eyes on the shells!
6. Cut out the green felt cloth/ card stock to resemble a grass patch and stick the ladybirds on it.
7. Paste your embellishments like flowers / shells to parts of the patch.
8. Once the whole assembly is glued on, turn it around and paste the magnet to the felt.
Your Fridge magnet is ready! With a little imagination you could also try other creatures or scenarios with these kinder shells.