Did you think all dosas originated from the South?
Well, you stand corrected as we bring you an instant, healthy and crispy dosa recipe from our very own Maharashtra.
Ghavan is a traditional Maharashtrian dish that infuses the flavours of rice, rava, and a dash of veggies to make it a wholesome, healthy breakfast option. As a bonus, it’s also instant; does not require the soaking or grinding associated with the South Indian dosa recipes. Doesn’t it sound ideal for those days when you crave for dosas but realize belatedly that you haven’t done the necessary preparation? So, go on, get some lip-smacking ghavan on the table!
Preparation steps for Ghavan
- Mix all the ingredients together and prepare your batter.
- Keep aside for a few minutes, approx for 10 mins.
- Incase the batter is to thick and a bit of water to make a thin consistency. This also helps in making it crisp.
- Heat the tava and add a few drops of oil.
- Mix the batter well, and pour a spoonful of the batter onto the hot tava ( similar to a dosa)
- Flip to the other side and repeat the procedure till the Ghavan turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup, chutney or even vegetable curry.