‘Soya Paneer’ also known as ‘Tofu’ is a healthy alternative for paneer. Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and add finely chopped onions and green chillies and fry until the onions turn pink.
- Add tomatoes and saute until it becomes slightly mushy.
- Now add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add crumbled tofu and salt and give a good mix and saute for a couple of minutes. The mixture should be moist and not dry, add a tbsp of water if required and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice, chopped coriander and mix it.
- This mixture can be placed in a chapati and made into a roll and served for kids.
- You can even stuff the tofu bhurji in between two toasted bread sliced to make a healthy ‘Tofu Sandwich’.
- Tofu is an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.