Tired of feeding your children the same old Moong Dal preparation? Why not bake a cake with the very same Moong dal and surprise them with a treat?
Moong dal cake? Did you ever imagine those three words would come together? But they do. And the result is a delicious, tasty recipe that you’ll have to fight your kids over!
- Sift together the powdered moong dal, baking powder and baking soda.
- To this add Cocoa powder and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl mix together curd, sugar and oil.
- Combine together the wet and dry ingredients until just well combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Prepare a cake tin and pour the mix and top it with shredded coconut and bake for about 25 minutes or till the center of the cake is done.