Looking for a nutritious set of snacks that your children will enjoy after a long day at school? These 3 healthy recipes are just what you need.
Mums often wonder what snacks they should give their children once they are back from school. Instead of deep fried items that are harmful in the long run, here are my favorite 3 healthy eggless bakes that have the goodness of whole grains.
3 Healthy eggless bakes for kids that are delicious
1. Recipe for Eggless Whole wheat cupcakes with fresh orange juice and zest
1. Sieve WWF, baking powder and baking soda together
2. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar, zest, vanilla powder and then yoghurt
3. Add half the flour mix along with orange juice, mix well and then add the remaining flour mix and juice. If needed can add more juice to get the desired consistency of the batter
4. Preheat oven at 180 C, pour the mix in a muffin tray with liners
5. Reduce the temp to 160 C and bake for 10 mins until light brown.
2. Recipe for Vegan Semolina & Whole wheat flour cake
1. Mix atta, baking soda, baking powder well with a sieve.
2. Bring butter to room temperature. Add sugar and mix well , add coconut milk and blend, mix sooji well and let it rest for 15 mins.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated well. Don’t beat too much as the batter might look curdled.
4. In a pre-heated oven (180C) , pour the batter in a greased 9″ cake tin and bake for 45 mins until golden brown. You can turn off the top heat( grill mode) after 20 mins and just use bake mode.
3. Recipe for Whole wheat cranberry almonds cookies
1. Blend butter and sugar to form peaks and add vanilla to it.
2. Add all dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk
3. Mix everything and make a firm dough by adding milk as needed.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hr.
5. Mix little flour in cranberries and add in the dough
6. Make small round balls and flatten with your palm
7. In a 160 C preheated oven, arrange the cookies in a tray and bake for 10 minutes until light golden brown. Be careful if you have Morphy Richards OT as the baking time would be less. Keep checking the cookie base and accordingly turn of the oven when done.
8. Allow cookies to cool and serve or transfer to an air-tight container.