A foolproof eggless cupcake recipe for a soft, spongy, lighter than air cupcakes!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin wrappers.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add the condensed milk and beat further.
- Now, add the club soda and beat again. Finally, add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Fold in the flour little by little until all of it is incorporated.
- Pour a ladle of batter into each muffin cup and bake for 20 minutes until brown and risen.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.
For the buttercream
- Beat the butter till soft and creamy.
- Add the sifted icing sugar and beat on low speed for 4 minutes.
- Add the jam and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Fit a preferred piping nozzle into a piping bag. Pipe the buttercream on the cooled cupcakes.
- Place the cupcakes in an airtight box and refrigerate.
- Leave them out for 30 minutes before serving.
- Soda when combined with condensed milk lends the cupcakes its fluffy texture.
- To make the strawberry jam buttercream, buy a good brand of strawberry jam like Bonne Maman or Helios .
This post was originally published on Doughmydear