Got a box of buttons?
Buttons are fascinating. All the color and tinkling sounds make buttons perfect crafting material. Here is an activity your child will love!
Make me a button tree
Oh please, mummy, please!
Check out this simple guide
It’s easy as 1-2-3!
Step by step instructions for making a button tree
1. Plan the design. It could be anything – a tree, a mermaid, a robot. Draw the outline of the picture.
2. Colour in parts of the image you want filled in with paints. Let it dry.
3. Assemble buttons and use them as fillers. A lot of this activity is all about fitting and sorting sizes, an activity your child is sure to love.
4. Once you are happy with the composition start pasting the buttons on. Use a toothpick to apply glue on the base of the buttons. Both sides of the button can be used, as it gives a nice detail of muted shading to the image.
5. Leave to set for about half hour.
The button craft image can turn into a room décor item, a gift or a greeting card! So start saving all those buttons that you would normally throw away.