- Curriculum Details
The Pre-School years are the most important as they lay the foundation for academic and personal development throughout life. The curriculum content at Jigyasa covers the following seven main areas of development, which are drawn from the curriculum laid down by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS, UK):
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Development of mathematical mind and reasoning skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Development of creative thinking
The seven areas of development above are well complemented with the following programs:
- Multi-sensory explorers: Children learn through their senses and therefore activating and refining their senses through scientifically planned sensory experiences promotes learning.
- Eager Listeners: Development of keen listening skills through a variety of activities sensitize children to very fine differences in sounds which enhances language development and musicality.
- Free flow: Children are born with natural instincts and the best learning happens when they are allowed to follow these instincts. Learning thus acquired gets embedded for life.
- Eurhythmics: A form of education that uses music and movement not only for development of balance and coordination but to give a deeper understanding of concepts.
- World Travellers: Children understand the World and its people. They learn to enjoy similarities and accept differences becoming global citizens.
- Little entrepreneurs: The most enjoyable experience which develops economic awareness through role play!
- Exploration and Discovery: The wondrous enchantment that children experience as they discover truths about their world taking their thinking to realms beyond here and now.
Jigyasa starts its primary section in June 2017. Children’s learning during this phase of schooling will be based on the same philosophy as the preschool and will emphasize experiential, cross-curricular and holistic education – everything that Jigyasa has become known for!
In the year 2017, we will be starting an environment for Grades 1 and 2. Two grades will be added each year until we reach board level. Forms for admission to Grades 1 and 2 will be issued from 1st December 2016. Interested parents are requested to come to school to pick the forms up.
The curriculum at Jigyasa Primary draws on Montessori and Reggio inspired practices until Grade 3 and will then transition into IGCSE after that. The curriculum is implemented through projects and thematic units which integrate cross curricular learning and provide opportunity to revisit and apply concepts and skills to real life situations. To know more about Jigyasa Primary, click here.
- Admission Details
Jigyasa accepts admission throughout the year. All children aren’t born in time for a June start, so they keep it flexible!
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Timing Brain Bear 12 to 24 months 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, 5 days a week
(3 weeks every month)
Brain Bear 1.5 years to 2.5 years 9:00 am – 11:30 am Brain Bear 2.5 years to 3.5 years 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Brain Bear 3.5 years to 4.5 years 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Brain Bear 4.5 years to 5.5 years 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Brain Bear 5.5 years to 6.5 years 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
Jigyasa is spread over an area of 4,500 square feet, consisting of the following:
- 2 Large environments – One for toddlers (below 2.5 years) and a larger mixed-age environment (between 2.5 and 6 years).
- A role-play room, equipped with lots of opportunity for children to give free rein to their imagination.
- A design studio, which offers plenty of exciting materials where children become creators.
- A play area equipped with a soft gym and sand pit, where children play in a safe environment.
- A reading room, stocked with lots of books for children’s enjoyment!
- Plenty of technology aids which make learning more fun (smart board, tablets and laptops).
- Safety Features
CCTV is enabled throughout the school.
School van is equipped with a speed monitor, and is compliant with all safety laws of Karnataka.
- Snack options
- A mid-morning snack is provided at 10:30 am to all children.
- This consists of simply cooked meals such as pasta, idli, fruit, salad etc.
- They also do a lot of cookery in school, so occasionally make their own snack!
- School Van
- School van facility available at extra cost.
- It is well equipped with a speed monitor and complies with all safety laws of Karnataka.
- After School Facilities
- All evening activities are from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.Age group is from 3 to 8 years.
- Bharatnatyam – Two days a week. For children above 3 years (and that includes adults! Separate classes for adults)
- Speech and Drama – Developing speaking skills and personality development.
- Art and Craft – Nurturing creativity through art and craft.
- Cookery and Science – Fun through science experiments and a cooking session thrown in.
- Reading Club –An evening of fairy tales.