About Presidency School, South Bangalore
Presidency School Bangalore South (PSBS) is a co-educational school that seeks to provide education of the highest academic standards. The School is promoted by Presidency Group of Institutions which was founded in the year 1976 and is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). PSBS is a school of repute set amidst the rapidly booming IT capital of India. The school has undergone a remarkable transformation ever since its inception and has now become a benchmark in the field of education.
- Board of Education
- Type of School
- Curriculum Details
The school has always stood for and promoted the principle of a high academic level of excellence. The high academic levels, coupled with the extra and co-curricular activities, create an impressive individual who can face the formidable challenges of the outside world with panache. Furthermore, the school spares no expenses to supplement learning and keep the students abreast of the happenings in the advanced field of Science and Technology, Mathematics, Humanities, Information Technology, Computers, Art and the like.
- Admission Details
- Names of prospective students are registered from October to January in the prescribed application form on payment of prescribed fee.
- Registration Form can be downloaded from the site itself or you can also collect from the school’s front office. The applicants after scrutiny (for birth certificate, assessment reports for Grade 1 upwards) are then called for an interview / Test as per the following norms:
- At Kindergarten level there will be a personal interaction of the child with the Montessori nurse / teacher to observe child’s physical growth, motor development, social behaviour etc. To do so there will be an assessment followed by personal interaction with the parent and the child.
- For Grades 1 and above, an assessment test will be conducted as follows: Grade 1 – 5: English, II Language, Math & General awareness.
- Grade 6 and above: English, II Language, Maths and Science
- The Assessment / Admission Test will be followed by a personal interaction of the child & the parents with the Principal. The results of admission procedure will be declared within next 48 hours.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Pre-nursery 2 years 6 months as on 31st May of the academic year LKG 3 years 6 months as on 31st May of the academic year UKG 4 years 6 months as on 31st May of the academic year Grade 1 5 years 6 months as on 31st May of the academic year