TablaGyan – School of Tabla is an unique music school based in Bangalore, which focusses on imparting the knowledge of Music and specialises in Tabla in particular. The school is a decade old now and has been a guiding light to many “musically hungry” students. The school has trained more than 150 students now, and currently has a strength of 40+.
TablaGyan has not only catered to the musical needs of the locals, but also many foreign nationals, of which most are grooming into quality players. Students learning at TablaGyan are sure to have an edge over others due to the unique methodology the school follows in rendering classes to the students. TablaGyan strongly believes in – “PLAY THE MUSIC, NOT THE INSTRUMENT“
Classes offered at TablaGyan
- Age group
- Child: 5 years plus They also cater to adults
- Class size
- 4 to 5 students in each batch
- Student teacher ratio
- 5 : 1
- Batch timings
8:30 am onwards every Saturday and Sundays.
- 1 hour
- Instruments are provided at the class.
The students only need to carry a note book with them.
They are happy to assist you in purchasing your own instruments for your child.
- The school maintains strict academics and individuals are monitored very closely. Backed up by the one-of-its-kind academic software, monthly performance of the student is published to the parents and a sophisticated grading system is followed. Periodical mock tests / competitions are held to keep the student abreast with the lessons taught.
They are tied with 'Akhila Bharatiya Gandharva Mandal' which offers certificates every year.
- The school is affiliated to some of the leading music universities such as Akhila Bharatiya Gandharva Maha Mandal, Miraj and Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, which issues Degree's and Diplomas in Music.
All students are encouraged to take up these exams after completing 2 years of learning at the school.
- The institute conducts stage shows and performances for various upcoming artists including budding artists of the school. State level and national level competitions have been attended by students of TablaGyan at different levels.