Kunskapsskolan is a Swedish word that name means “The Knowledge School” in English – a school where knowledge and learning is foremost. Kunskapsskolan has a chain of 60 schools across the globe. The first of its kind in this country, Kunskapsskolan Gurgaon, the flagship school, began its first session in April 2013. Currently the school has over 1100 students from Pre-Nursery to Grade 10. Kunskapsskolan, Sarjapur Road, Bengaluru which is scheduled to start the first session in June 2017 is a day boarding school for grades Pre Nursery to Grade 6 offering CBSE/IGCSE curriculum.
- Board of Education
- CBSE Board
- Type of School
- Curriculum Details
Kunskapsskolan Bengaluru combines academic rigour with personal development of students throughout the unique Kunskapsskolan Educational Program (KED). While focused on developing skills, due importance is given to inculcating values in students. Goal-setting, taking responsibility, time management, planning and respect are some of our core values. The process of inculcating these values in an extensive and structured one, spanning the child’s entire school life.
The KED program at Kunskapsskolan is integrated with the strong national CBSE curriculum. At Kunskapsskolan Bengaluru, the students will also have an option of IGCSE curriculum from Grade 7 onwards.
- Admission Details
Admission process for 2017-18
- Admissions open from Pre-Nursery to Grade 6
- Term starts in the month of June of that academic year.
- Cut-off age: Pre-Nursery: Child must be 2.5 years as on 31st May 2017 for the academic year.
- There is no interviewing or screening of children and parents
- The admission process starts with submission of the enquiry forms available online as well at the school office.
- There will an interaction process. Parents and child meet the Head of school to discuss expectations from both parents and school.
- Applicants will be informed directly regarding the dates for the interaction by the school administration.
- In order to visit the school, parents need to call the admission office and fix an appointment. On arrival at the school site they will be taken around the school by the school representative.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Timing Pre-K 2.5 yrs as on 31st May 2017 9:00 am to 1:00 pm K1 3.5 yrs as on 31st May 2017 8:00 am to 1:00 pm K2 4.5 yrs as on 31st May 2017 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Grade 1 5.5 yrs as on 31st May 2017 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The school premises will be modern and innovative in design. They give an open, inviting and spacious impression, characterized by bright colors, aesthetic yet functional light and frequent glass walls.
- The IMADEATION Lab: Students Skill learning lab
- KED Sports Academy: Specialised coaching in a range of sports including Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, Outdoor Gym, Basket Ball court, Table Tennis, Gymnastics and Yoga
- Art, music and dance
- Computer Lab
- Safety Features
- CCTV cameras are installed in all relevant locations
- There will be adequate security staff and adults present in school to ensure school safety.
- The use of ID cards, visiting cards and limiting the access to non school members will also support the schools effort to ensure a safe environment.
- Snack options
The school will have a cafeteria and healthy hygenic food will be provided to the students.
- School Van
Transport facility will be provided by the school.