About Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya
Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya, run by the Jyothy Charitable Trust, is a co-educational, CBSE school in South Bangalore aimed to provide top-class education to students while also helping them pursue and excel in the extra-curricular activities. The mission of the school is to provide affordable education and equip them with the necessary skills to become responsible citizens of the country. The curriculum is kept up to date with the technology while having its roots in the Indian culture.
- Board of Education
- CBSE Board
- Type of School
- Curriculum Details
JKV follows an academic program that develops the critical thinking and problem-solving faculties of the student. It is also flexible enough to meet the individual needs of the students.
The school follows the CCE pattern keeping with the principles of CBSE and this also applies to the non-academic areas.
Some of the best educational practices are followed and the school subscribes to a personalised learning approach.
The educators are capable and dedicated and ensure that all the students benefit from an inclusive and comprehensive syllabus and program.
- Admission Details
- Please note registration and admissions are offered mainly at the entry level – LKG.
- Admission forms for LKG will be available at the school premises by the end of October, 2017.
- A fee of Rs. 25/- is required to be paid at that time to the school office.
- Cut of Age: LKG: Child should be born between 1st Dec, 2012 to 30th Nov, 2013 are eligible.
- Submission of forms: November 2016, along with all the necessary documents.
- Eligibility list of candidates will be announced in December 2016.
- ‘Meet the Child’ Programme: January 2017
- Final selection will be announced in mid to end January, 2017
- Admission forms for Grade 1 will be available in March, based on availability of seats.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Timing LKG 3.6 to 4.6 8.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Classrooms: Well ventilated large classrooms.
- Labs: Math, Science labs – physics, biology and chemistry and a computer lab
- Audio visual room
- Resource room
- Hobby classes: Humanities, Science and ECO Clubs
- Sports & playground: Indoor swimming pool and a toddler pool, yoga, scouts, guides and NCC
- Fine arts club: Kalakendra – Bharatanatyam and carnatic vocal music.
- Snack options
The school has a cafeteria.
- School Van
- Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya provides school transportation for all its students.
- Consideration is given to those who have applied for it on a first come first basis within the city limits.
- Parents are requested to confirm the routes before applying for this facility.