About Ekya School
Ekya School ITPL, is a co-educational, CBSE school located in Whitefield, Bangalore. At this school, the education experience is focused towards developing a sense of curiosity and inquisitiveness in a child. Derived from the Sanskrit word, ‘Ekya‘ stands for unity and individuality. It embodies the spirit of collaboration and togetherness while allowing space for the individual to grow and express oneself. Teachers and students come together to grow in the learning experience.
- Board of Education
- CBSE Board
- Type of School
- Curriculum Details
- It is a multi-age group, based on the Montessori philosophy.
- Activity based learning is the essence of this methodology.
- This method helps in developing a sense of responsibility and independence in children.
- For further information on the curriculum click here.
- They have workspaces that encourage independent thinking.
- Their classroom boards reflect children’s original work.
- They cover topics such as basic number concepts, geometric shapes, letters of the alphabets, colour identification, oral topics and clay activities.
- For further details on the Kindergarten method curriculum click here.
- Divided into Scholastic and Non-Scholastic areas.
- Scholastic areas include subjects like english, second and third languages, maths, science and social studies.
- To enhance their students intellectual skills they use flash cards, board games, experiments, fun activities, word games, puzzles, role-playing, group projects and field trips.
- Here they also develop collaboration skills through group activities.
- For further details on the Primary Curriculum click here.
- Admission Details
- Term starts from the month of June, 2017.
- Admissions are now open at the school. Registration forms for Montessori/K1 & K2 are available online on their website as well as their administrative office at the school premise.
- Admissions are now open at the school. Registration forms for Grade 1 to 12 are available online on their website as well as their administrative office at the school premise.
- List of all the required documents are mentioned in the form. Parents are requested to duly fill the form and submit it to the school along with all the necessary document.
- Please note it is essential that parents arrive at the school on time for their interaction on the scheduled date.
- In order to visit the school please call or e-mail the school to set up an appointment.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Montessori 2.5 to 5 years Kindergarten 4 to 5 years Grade 1 5 years 10 months
- Kindergarten: sandpit area
- Pre-primary activity area for puppet space, puzzles, kinetic sand and games.
- Classrooms: Well ventilated classrooms with large windows, an in-class library and comfortable flexible seating.
- Labs: Social studies, Maths, ICT Labs with computers with internet connections, 3 science labs for biology, physics and chemistry.
- Library: Digital school library
- 2 Audio-visual rooms
- Large visual arts room
- 600 seater amphitheatre
- Sports: Playground for pre-primary children
- Indoor sports: Table tennis, chess and carrom.
- Outdoor Sports & playgrounds for: 2 cricket pitches, basketball court, volleyball court, throw ball court, lawn tennis and half olympic sized swimming pool.
- Gardening area
- Safety Features
24 hour CCTV monitoring facility is available.
- School Van
Ekya School provides school transport. Kindly get in touch with the school for further details on the route.
- After School Facilities
The following after school activities are conducted at Ekya School
- Odissa dance
- Visual Arts
- Music – hindustani classical
- Ekya School is associated with Gameday Academy for Football
- Ekya School in association with All for Kids, India’s largest institution that trains children for international courses in Elocution and Speech and Drama.
- Vassista – Focused on math and reasoning skills through Tarkashastra and Vedic math program.