About Ekya School
Ekya School is a co-educational, CBSE school in BTM Layout, Bangalore. At Ekya, the education experience is focused towards developing a sense of curiosity and inquisitiveness in a child. The word Ekya is derived from the Sanskrit sounds of unity and individuality. It embodies the spirit of collaboration and togetherness while allowing space for the individual to grow and express oneself.
- Board of Education
- CBSE Board
- Type of School
- Curriculum Details
- It is a multi-age group, based on the Montessori philosophy.
- Activity based learning is the essence of this methodology.
- This method helps in developing a sense of responsibility and independence in children.
Ekya Early Years: Kindergarten Method
- They have workspaces that encourage independent thinking.
- Their classroom boards reflect children’s original work.
- They cover topics such as basic number concepts, geometric shapes, letters of the alphabets, colour identification, oral topics and clay activities.
- For further details on the Montessori System and Ekya Early Years curriculum click here.
- Divided into Scholastic and Non-Scholastic areas.
- Scholastic areas include subjects like english, second and third languages, maths, science and social studies.
- To enhance their students intellectual skills they use flash cards, board games, experiments, fun activities, word games, puzzles, role-playing, group projects and field trips.
- Here they also develop collaboration skills through group activities.
- For further details on the Primary Curriculum click here.
- Admission Details
- Term starts from the month of June, 2017.
- Admissions are now open at the school. Registration forms for Montessori & Kindergarten are available online on their website as well as their administrative office at the school premise.
- Admissions are now open at the school. Registration forms for Grade 1 to 8 are available online on their website as well as their administrative office at the school premise.
- List of all the required documents are mentioned in the form. Parents are requested to duly fill the form and submit it to the school along with all the necessary document.
- Please note it is essential that parents arrive at the school on time for their interaction on the scheduled date.
- In order to visit the school please call or e-mail the school to set up an appointment.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Montessori 2 years 6 months to 5 years Kindergarten 4 to 5 years Grade 1 5 years 10 months
- Kindergarten: sandpit and play area.
- Classrooms: Well ventilated classrooms with large windows, an in-class library and comfortable flexible seating.
- Labs: ICT labs with computers and internet, Science labs for physics, chemistry and biology, Math and social studies lab.
- Library: Two level digital school library
- Pre-primary activity area for puppet space, puzzles, kinetic sand and games.
- 600 seater amphitheatre
- Conference rooms for discussions
- Sports: Playground for pre-primary children
- Indoor sports: Table tennis, chess and carom
- Outdoor sports: Basketball court, throwball court, volleyball court, cricket pitches, climbing wall and swimming pool.
- School infirmary with first aid kit
- Gardening area
- Safety Features
- 24 hour CCTV monitoring facility is available.
- School Van
- Ekya School provides school transport. Kindly get in touch with the school for further details on the route.