About Air Force School
Air Force School Jalahalli, established in the year 1953-54, is a CBSE school in north Bangalore. It mainly caters to the educational requirements of children of personnel working in the Air Force HQTC(Unit) and its lodger units. However, the children of other personnel are also admitted subject to availability of seats. They must fulfill all criteria for admission. AFSH is the only Senior Secondary School under the Training Command.
For more CBSE schools in Bangalore and CBSE schools in north Bangalore, do check our articles on the subject.
- Board of Education
- Curriculum Details
- Air Force School’s methodology is infused with a sense of patriotism and complemented by an evolving curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- The textbooks from Classes UKG to V are from private publications & Classes VI to XII mainly use NCERT/CBSE books.
- There is no special coaching for Engineering or Medical but the teachers do help the students in preparing for various entrance examinations. There is no formal examination till class V.
- Admission Details
- Term starts in the month of June.
- Cut off age is applicable as on April 1st of that academic year.
- Admission forms for kindergarten will be issued in the school premises in February.
- Admission depends on the vacancies available after accommodating all priority I to VI category students.
- Details regarding admission can be found here. (http://www.afsjal.org/lifeatSchool.php)
- In order to visit the school please call or e-mail the school to set up an appointment.
- Classes & Cut-off Age
Class Age Group Nursery 3 years LKG 4 years UKG 5 years Grade 1 6 years
- Labs: Science and Computer Labs
- Music room
- Counselling cell
- The school has its own sports field and also provides facilities for cricket, badminton, basketball, foot ball, table tennis, volley ball and athletic events.
- SPORTS FACILITIES
- Outdoor Sports & Facilities
- ✓ Cricket Field✓ Playground
- School Van
- The school operates transport services on limited routes only. For more information on the bus service, do contact the school.